Tuesday 5 June 2007

Versions

At the time there is available Release 3 of Grid Control. However full installers are provided only for Linux x86-64 and HP-UX Itanium architectures.

Beacause I am in position to run with completely new installation, I prefer full installer pack. For my architecture (Solaris 10 on sparc fortunately) there is Release 2 full installer with option to upgrade by patching to Release 3.

Database version provided in Release 2 is 10.1.0.4 - possible to be upgraded to 10.2.0.3 by installing full bunch of patches. That is why I decided to start the Grid Control installation with full installer of database in version 10.2.0.1 - I save this way installing some patches and can start directly with installation of 10.2.0.3 patches.

To install version 10.2.0.3 in this case it is required to run installer from p3731593_10203_SOLARIS64.zip (despite setting DISPLAY environment variable one needs to set ORACLE_HOME to OMS_HOME value). No special steps during this stage (I omit the installation of Oracle Configuration Manager).

No comments: